Spread the word
Thank-you for helping PCRF raise much needed funds to support research into pancreatic cancer.
To ensure you raise as much money as you can - and to help more people hear about pancreatic cancer and PCRF - please spread the word about your fundraising activity as widely as possible.
Here are some handy tips and templates to download to get you started:
- Create an online sponsorship page. It's simple to do via the Justgiving website and makes it easy for people to sponsor you. Go to http://www.justgiving.com/pancreaticcancer/raisemoney to set up your page, then promote it by email, Facebook, twitter or myspace.
- Send a press release to your local media - download a template here. Contact our PR agency (0113 357 2100 or email@example.com) for help with your release and for media contacts in your local area.
- Take photos and - if you can - some video on the day - to send to local media and to us for our website.
- Include facts and figures about pancreatic cancer in everything you write. Download the factsheet here.
- Mention Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund as much as possible - unfortunately local media often miss out this key bit of information or get our name wrong and we lose an opportunity to let more people know about us!
- Publicise your fundraising at work by contacting your company/ organisation's PR team.